November 14, 2012

Q&A w/ YouTube Guru MissJenFabulous


Jenny, better known by her YouTube name MissJenFabulous, has unmistakably become a rising star among the beauty community. Through a vast collection of trending makeup tutorials and nail art how-to’s, she has acquired more than 157,000 subscribers in the last two years. Keep reading to find out the story behind Jenny’s start on YouTube, a few of her secrets to beauty success, plus much more! 

Sigma: What made you want to create a YouTube channel dedicated to beauty?
MissJenFabulous: I have always had a passion for anything beauty related. Since I was a little girl I loved playing with my mom’s makeup. I also loved playing "school" with all of my baby dolls. So making a YouTube channel to teach others my tips and tricks was something I feel like I was born to do. It was just a passion that I have always had inside of me and YouTube is a great creative outlet!
 
Sigma: What is your favorite beauty trend this season?
MissJenFabulous: I am loving the oxblood color trend! It’s such a rich, bold color. It’s trendy and chic but also a little edgy at the same time. There are so many amazing oxblood nail polish shades and lip colors that just scream fall time! I think it’s a color that will also transition into the winter months very easily. If you invest in some new products to try out this trend, you should get good use out of them!
Sigma: If you could only use three makeup products, which ones would you choose?
MissJenFabulous: Foundation would be a must. Second would be mascara. My third choice is hard… I guess I would have to go with a tinted lip balm for a little color and shine!

Sigma: What are your favorite Sigma products and why?
MissJenFabulous: The F80 Flat Kabuki brush is hands down my favorite brush. It buffs on my foundation like a dream and makes my skin look flawless. I also couldn't be without my E35 Blending brush. I use it every single day to darken and add depth to my crease; it’s the perfect shape and size for defining the eyes. I also adore the new Beauty Expert - Brow Design Kit. Since I highlight my hair, I am always lightening my eyebrows so that they will match. With my eyebrows being different shades at times, I love mixing the brow powders in the kit and creating my perfect shade.


Sigma: Who is your beauty icon?
MissJenFabulous: Cindy Crawford. She is almost 50 years old and she looks just as amazing as she did when she was in her twenties. Her beauty is very inspiring. 

Sigma: Is there a beauty mistake you’ve made but learned from?
MissJenFabulous: Over-plucking my eyebrows. I had super thin brows in high school and it looked awful. I now stay far away from the magnifying mirror when I pluck my brows! 

Sigma: If your YouTube channel had a motto, what would it be?
MissJenFabulous: Be true to yourself and dream big!  

Sigma: Tell us a thing or two that most people might not know about you.
MissJenFabulous: I have been into art my whole life. I was selected to go to a special art camp program while in high school but I also loved beauty and anything makeup related. I wanted a way to express myself and cosmetology school just seemed like the right decision for me, so I enrolled right out of high school. I love having my professional license and being creative with makeup and nail art!

Sigma: What piece of beauty advice do you swear by?
MissJenFabulous: Moisturizing! When your skin is moisturized, your makeup applies and looks much better. I also always wash my makeup off before bed no matter how tired I am! Skincare in general is very important to me. If you don't have nice skin, no amount of makeup can fix that.


  • YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/MissJenFABULOUS
  • Blog: www.polishandpearls.com
  • Facebook: www.facebook.com/MissJenFABULOUS 
  • Twitter: @MissJenFABULOUS

 © 2012 Sigma Enterprises, LLC

3 comments:

  1. I love Jenny and her videos. Her tutorials are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous girl!!! Congratulations, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been a victim of overplucking eyebrows :x cute article.

    ReplyDelete